Hollywood superstar George Clooney’s engagement to British lawyer Amal Alamuddin has being officially confirmed.
Clooney, 52, and Alamuddin, 36, were hit with engagement rumours a week ago after just seven months of dating when the attorney was spotted wearing a diamond ring, reported E!Online.
Nick and Nina Clooney, the actor’s parent, who have been married for almost 55 years expressed their delight on the couple’s engagement.
“We are very pleased. We like Amal and we are very excited for our family and thrilled for them. They are both wonderful people and hope they have a terrific life ahead of them. This is George and Amal’s time,” Nick said.
Doughty Street Chambers, Alamuddin’s law firm, had also released a congratulating statement after the engagement news.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
This will be the second marriage for George, who was previously married to Talia Balsam from 1989 to 1993.