Singer FKA Twigs slams the hype surrounding her relationship with “Twilight” star beau Robert Pattinson, saying it makes her want to “smash her face into the mirror.”
Twigs, whose real name is Tahliah Barnett, spoke candidly about dealing with Pattinson’s loyal following of female fans, in an interview with the New York Times.
The British singer, 27, said that she feels like she’s “masquerading as a pop star” as the public continues to show an interest in their romance.
- Robert Pattinson splits from fiancée FKA Twigs
- Robert Pattinson doesn't feel as stressed post Twilight saga
- Robert Pattinson, FKA Twigs' enjoy date night
- Robert Pattinson hits out at racist 'demons' who target girlfriend FKA Twigs
- Robert Pattinson to buy a new house?
- Robert Pattinson moving to London for girlfriend?
“It’s really hard – I can’t begin to explain how awful it is,” she said. “It makes you want to just stop everything sometimes. It makes you want to smash your face into the mirror.”
The couple started dating in September, and reportedly got engaged in April. Earlier this month, Pattinson, 29, and FKA twigs, made their first official red carpet appearance at the Met Gala in New York City.
The biracial star has also faced a slew of social media backlash since their engagement, as many fans of the the actor launch racially charged attacks her on Twitter and Instagram.
“It’s relentless,” she said.