The actor, who portrayed Gandalf in the Peter Jackson’s movies, will star as the Beast’s loyal butler Cogsworth, who is turned into a clock due to a curse, reported Variety.
- Un-American for Donald Trump not to protect gay rights: Ian McKellen
- Beauty and the Beast to get a sequel: Here’s how Emma Watson, Dan Stevens film won us over
- Josh Gad shares picture from ‘Beauty and the Beast’ set
- Stanley Tucci joins “Beauty and the Beast” cast
- Audra McDonald joins cast of ‘Beauty and the Beast’
- Luke Evans and Dan Stevens join Emma Watson on ‘Beauty and the Beast’
Dan Stevens has been previously cast as the Prince, Watson will star as Belle, Luke Evans will star as Gaston, Josh Gad will portray Gaston’s sidekick LeFou, and Emma Thompson will portray Mrs Potts.
Other cast members include Kevin Kline as Belle’s father.
Bill Condon is directing the movie from a script written by Stephen Chbosky.
The film is slated to release on March 17, 2017 in the US.