Actor Michael Douglas says he was too absent during the time of his first marriage with wife Diandra Luker. The 72-year-old Hollywood icon has revealed that he was not as close to his film producer ex-wife as he is to his current spouse Catherine Zeta Jones, reported Femalefirst.
“I was too absent from my first marriage. Second time round, I’m so much more hands-on. By the time Dylan and then Carys were born, I was well ensconced in my career.
“They both want to be actors and Catherine and I have seen enough of them on stage know they have got it. You’ll be hearing from another generation of Douglas’. I’ve no doubt about it,” he said.
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
Douglas, who has a 37-year-old son with Luker, said sometimes unhappy marriages stay for too long because of the kids.
“A lot of marriages hang on too long for the sake of the children. But, if you start asking questions when they are older, those children will often tell you that you could have cut the tension with a knife when their parents were together and that divorce was rather like letting the air out of a balloon,” he said.
Earlier Michael Douglas revealed that the biggest moment of his acting career was meeting his wife, Catherine Zeta Jones.The 71-year-old actor is a double Academy Award winner with a string of iconic roles in movies including “Wall Street” and “Fatal Attraction” under his belt, but he says nothing can top the moment he met his spouse, reported People magazine.
“Right now, it would probably be the Deauville Film Festival in 1999 when I met Catherine,” he replied when asked about his career highlight. “That was the best memory I got,” he added.