Superstar Daniel Radcliffe has revealed he struggled with alcohol specifically after the “Harry Potter” films ended.
“I was living alone, and I think I was really freaked out. I drank a lot,” the British actor, 26, revealed.
He explained that his alcohol dependence resulted from what he described as a fear of returning to reality after playing J K Rowling’s popular boy wizard for more than a decade.
“I think it was more to do with going out in public and having a battle within me of thinking no, I can have a totally normal life. You get bored of waking up feeling like that,” he said.
- Robert Pattinson chose to play Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter over going to university
- Daniel Radcliffe wants to see Harry Potter play
- Daniel Radcliffe been sober for two years
- Daniel Radcliffe: I'm proud to have learnt dancing for broadway
- Daniel Radcliffe used alcohol to deal with fame
- Growing up at Hogwarts
Radcliffe had no shortage of movie roles after the “Harry Potter” films ended. He said he was grateful that still found numerous opportunities after the Harry Potter films ended.