Veteran actress Julie Andrews has revealed that she was forced to turn down a role in ‘The Wolf of Wall Street’ due to her ankle surgery.
The 78-year-old ‘Sound of Music’ star was offered a role in the Oscar-nominated film but had to decline it as she was recovering from her surgery, reported Daily Express.
Andrews said that her ankle had been a matter of concern ever since she twisted it many years ago.
The Martin Scorsese directed movie was already filming when Andrews was offered the role of Aunt Emma. The role eventually went to actress Joanna Lumley, 67.
“So I had the operation nearly two years ago. I’m fully recovered now, but I wasn’t over it when I got the Wolf of Wall Street offer. I would love to have been part of the film but I couldn’t, alas.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
“It was a really tough choice but I didn’t feel up to it. I was still having a hard time getting about, so very regretfully I had to decline the offer. I’m sure Joanna Lumley was fabulous in the role,” Andrews said.