Hollywood star Drew Barrymore may have been in the industry from a very young age, but she considers herself a mediocre actress.
The 39-year-old ‘Charlie’s Angels’ star, who has starred in countless films, prefers to become the character while portraying them, reported E!Online. “I don’t think I’m a good actress. I feel like it’s fake and yucky and it doesn’t ring true,” Barrymore said.
“But if you research and you study and make it personal, you just become that person, and it’s your truth and everything else around you falls away. Then you’re telling the truth, it’s not lying, it’s not fake,” she added.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The blonde beauty credits Steven Spielberg for giving her the best advice to sustain in the industry. “Steven told me, ‘Don’t act your characters. Be your characters’. At (the age of) six, I guess I was comfortable and more humorous than I would have remembered now,” she said.
“But once I got older and kept continuing acting, I don’t know if I would have succeeded without that advice, because
that’s the thing that saved me. I’m not an actor, I’m a pretender,” she added.