Daniel Radcliffe took the film world by storm when he first appeared in the adaptation of J.K. Rowling’s ‘Harry Potter’, playing the teen wizard who goes on to emerge victorious in the greatest battle of all – good vs evil.
His net worth estimated at $80 million, Daniel Radcliffe has gone on to successfully act in a number of Broadway shows and Indie films. As the actor celebrates his 26th birthday today, July 23, we reveal some lesser-known facts about the English heartthrob.
1) Daniel Radcliffe’s parents did not want him to audition for the role of Harry Potter, as the contract required that he shoot all of the films. Apparently, Daniel was in the shower when he got the news that he had got the role.
2) Daniel is said to suffer from a condition called dyspraxia, which affects hand-eye coordination.
3) During his free time, Daniel loves to write, listen to music, read, play Playstation and bass guitar.
4) From the ‘Harry Potter’ books, Daniel’s favourite is the third one – ‘Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban’.
5) Out of the props available on the ‘Harry Potter’ sets, Daniel’s favourite were the famous round-rimmed glasses.
6) Daniel’s best friend on the sets of the wizard movies was a 41-year-old man who worked in costumes.
7) Daniel’s favourite actors include Cameron Diaz, Julia Roberts, Scarlett Johansson and Ben Stiller.
8) As a child, Daniel Radcliffe always dreamt of playing professional cricket for England.
9) In the seven years of filming for the ‘Harry Potter’ series, Daniel only missed shootings twice due to gastric flu.
10) Daniel Radcliffe voiced a character in an episode of animated television series, ‘The Simpsons’ in late 2010.