Disney’s “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” may have turned out to be a great success at the box office but George Lucas, the creator of the ‘Star Wars’ universe’, is not happy with the new movie.
In an interview with Charlie Rose, Lucas, who had sold the rights to Disney for USD 4 billion in 2012, refers to ‘Star Wars’ movies as his “kids”, reported the Entertainment Weekly.
“I sold them to the white slavers that takes these things, and…,” Lucas said with a laugh.
The legendary director, 74, who was working on a new “Star Wars” movie before he decided to sell the rights, said the studio was not keen about his involvement in the J J Abrams-directed movie.
- George Lucas apologises for 'white slavers' remark about Disney
- Star Wars - The Force Awakens releases in India today
- Disney didn't want to use my stories: George Lucas
- Older, wiser Han Solo is still a rogue, says Harrison Ford
- 'The Force Awakens' Star Wars fans, crashing online ticket sales
- Walt Disney buys LucasFilm (Star Wars)
“They looked at the stories, and they said, ‘We want to make something for the fans’. They decided they didn’t want to use those stories, they decided they were going to do their own thing.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
“They weren’t that keen to have me involved anyway — but if I get in there, I’m just going to cause trouble, because they’re not going to do what I want them to do. And I don’t have the control to do that anymore, and all I would do is muck everything up and so I said, ‘OK, I will go my way, and I’ll let them go their way’,” Lucas said.
“The Force Awakens” has already earned USD 1.23 billion at the global box office.
When asked about his opinion about the new movie, Lucas said he was not a fan of the “retro” approach.
“They wanted to do a retro movie. I don’t like that. Every movie, I worked very hard to make them different. I made them completely different – different planets, different spaceships to make it new.”