George Clooney is stepping behind the camera again to direct a new film on the infamous
phone-hacking scandal. Inspired by the book ‘Hack Attack’ by Nick Davies, the upcoming film will expose the News of the World’s hacking into the voicemail messages of elected officials, celebrities and even ordinary British citizens, said the Hollywood Reporter.
Clooney, 53, is also producing the film alongside Grant Heslov and Michael De Luca.
“This has all the elements – lying, corruption, blackmail – at the highest levels of government by the biggest newspaper in London. And the fact that it’s true is the best part. Nick is a brave and stubborn reporter and we consider it an honour to put his book to film,” Clooney said in a statement.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
The movie will be of particular interest to Clooney as his father, Nick, was a noted journalist and politician.
“As the son of a journalist, George has a sharp interest in the role journalism plays in all of our lives — whether that’s for good, as in Good Night, and Good Luck, or for bad,” said De Luca in a statement.
“With Hack Attack, George will explore the dark side of that world, a business where all of the rules of journalism are broken in the race for an easy and ever-larger payday,” De Luca added.
Shooting is scheduled to start next year.
Clooney, who is engaged to marry lawyer Amal Alamuddin, took a stand against another British newspaper Daily Mail for publishing a fictitious story about his fiance.