Hollywood superstar George Clooney left about USD 1,000 to help make a difference to those who need it.
Clooney, 54, took all the glitz and glamour of Hollywood to the small sandwich cafe in Edinburgh that feeds the homeless, reported Guardian online.
The movie star and director also handed over a five pound note in order to sample a platter of sandwiches and a coffee himself.
The cafe allows customers to buy hot drinks or food for a homeless person – an idea Clooney praised as “fantastic”.
- George Clooney and Amal's newborn twins Alexander and Ella turn internet sensations, Hollywood floods them with congratulations
- Amal Clooney steals limelight from George Clooney as she flaunts her baby bump in a ravishing Versace gown
- George Clooney's mother reveals the gender of his twins
- George Clooney launches campaign to feed homeless people
- George Clooney to visit Sandwich chain for charity
- George Clooney wins DeMille Award at Golden Globes
“I like what they’re doing, I think it’s a very important cause. I think the idea that we can all participate in everyone’s difficulties is really important.”