Hollywood superstar George Clooney left about USD 1,000 to help make a difference to those who need it.
Clooney, 54, took all the glitz and glamour of Hollywood to the small sandwich cafe in Edinburgh that feeds the homeless, reported Guardian online.
The movie star and director also handed over a five pound note in order to sample a platter of sandwiches and a coffee himself.
The cafe allows customers to buy hot drinks or food for a homeless person – an idea Clooney praised as “fantastic”.
- George Clooney to make a comeback on television with Catch 22
- George Clooney: I'm not the guy that gets the girl any more
- George Clooney rebukes racism in backdrop of thriller Suburbicon
- George Clooney hits out at Woody Allen's 'witch-hunt' comment on Harvey Weinstein
- George Clooney on Harvey Weinstein case: This is watershed moment for society
- George Clooney denies suppressing Vanessa Marquez's harassment accusations
“I like what they’re doing, I think it’s a very important cause. I think the idea that we can all participate in everyone’s difficulties is really important.”