The high quality leak of Sylvester Stallone’s ‘Expendables 3’ has sparked copyright issue with Lions Gate taking several websites to court for punitive damages.
The company has filed a copyright infringement lawsuit against several parties over the leak of the film, which stars Stallone, Jason Statham, and Arnold Schwarzenegger, among other action stars.
Filed in US district court in central California on Thursday, the claims that it reached out to numerous sites on multiple occasions asking them to remove the film, which premieres on August 15, but received no responses.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The company claims that despite repeated attempts, the illegal files continue to be on these sites, reported the Wrap.
The studio is asking that the defendants be prohibited from hosting, linking, reproducing, selling, streaming the film, or making it available for download.
The suit is also asking for unspecified damages. The first two films in the action franchise earned more than USD 575 million.
The film leaked online on July 25 and saw more than 189,000 downloads in over a 24-hour period. It is not clear how the leak is going to affect the box office prospects of the film.