Actress Emma Watson met Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to discuss her ‘HeForShe’
campaign which aims to protect women’s rights. The 26-year-old star, who has been working as an advocate for the cause since 2014, took the time to meet Trudeau, 44, during her visit to Ottawa, reported FemaleFirst.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
The pair met to discuss the issues that affect women across the world. During their meeting, Trudeau said, “The ‘HeForShe’ campaign has extraordinary impact around the world, making men
champions of women’s issues that are everyone’s issues. Her (Emma’s) voice is extremely important in making people realise how important this is.”
The actress also expressed her excitement while meeting Justin Trudeau.
“It’s been such an exciting visit for me to come visit your parliament. It was so inspiring that you made your cabinet 50/50. We’re very excited that you’re a ‘HeForShe’ Youth Ambassador. I can’t wait to see what you’re going to do with that title,” she said.
Earlier the Harry Potter star was seen showed off her hip-hop skills in a new viral video by beatboxing as “Hamilton” star Lin-Manuel Miranda spouted a feminist freestyle rap.
The 25-year-old actress and United Nations Women’s Global Goodwill Ambassador interviewed the actor-composer as part of the organisation’s HeForShe Arts Week, which was set up to encourage arts and cultural organisations to get involved in the fight for gender equality.
With PTI inputs.