Legendary singer Elton John is planning to get married to his long time partner, filmmaker David Furnish, in May this year.
The 67-year-old ‘Rocket Man’ hitmaker apparently decided to tie the knot with Furnish, 51, after gay marriages were made legal in England recently, reported Daily Mirror.
During John’s birthday celebrations at Fizz Las Vegas, Furnish said, “We don’t feel the need to take an extra step legally. But since we’re committed for life, we feel it’s really important to take that step, and take advantage of that amazing change in legislation. We all live by example.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The duo have been in a British civil partnership for eight years.
“I think what we’ll do is go to a registry office in England in May, and take the boys with us, and a couple of witnesses,” Furnish added.
The couple have two sons, Zachary, 3, and Elijah, 16 months.