‘Juno’ star Ellen Page has come out as a gay woman.
The 26-year-old actress announced the news in a moving and personal speech delivered at a conference held at Las Vegas to promote the welfare of LGBT youth, said The Hollywood
“I’m here today because I am gay. And because maybe I can make a difference. To help others have an easier and more hopeful time. Regardless, for me, I feel a personal obligation and a social responsibility,” Page said to the audience.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
“I am tired of hiding and I am tired of lying by omission. I suffered for years because I was scared to be out. My spirit suffered, my mental health suffered and my relationships suffered. And I’m standing here today, with all of you, on the other side of all that pain,” she added.
orn and raised in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Page worked in Canadian television before starring in 2005 revenge-thriller ‘Hard Candy’. She rose to fame with 2007’s ‘Juno’. She also played Kitty Pryde, aka Shadowcat, in 2006’s ‘X-Men: The Last Stand’.
Page will be next seen in drama ‘Freeheld’, starring opposite Julianne Moore as a gay couple.