Eddie Redmayne is refusing to use his full name professionally even after acclaimed playwright Edward Albee urged him to make the change.
The Oscar-winning actor was born Edward Redmayne, but uses ‘Eddie’ for all his acting credits, reported Contactmusic.
“Edward Albee said I should become Edward. I’m Eddie to my friends… I’ll probably stay Eddie,” he said.
Redmayne, 33, said he has a special place at home for the Best Actor Oscar he won earlier this year for his role as physicist Stephen Hawking in “The Theory of Everything”.
- Eddie Redmayne and wife Hannah Bagshawe expecting their second child
- Eddie Redmayne stalker given four-month suspended sentence
- I’ll will be hands-on dad: Eddie Redmayne
- Leonardo Dicaprio should definitely win the best actor Oscar: Eddie Redmayne
- Eddie Redmayne lost wedding band during ‘The Danish Girl’ shoot
- Watch Eddie Redmayne transform into beautiful woman in ‘The Danish Girl’ trailer
“(It is) on a little side table in my London home,” he reveals. “That whole experience was such a frenzy. I keep staring to make sure it’s real. I actually shine it.”