Dwayne Johnson, best known among his fans as ‘The Rock’, has opened up about his struggle to overcome depression.
The 42-year-old actor said it was hard to overcome the “absolute worst time” of his life, which started during his teenage years when he and his mother were evicted from their home, said the Hollywood Reporter.
Johnson started body building in a bid to get into NFL but he did not get selected. He did make it to the Canadian Football League but was released from the team. The actor says he slipped into depression after that and even broke up with his girlfriend, Dany Garcia, who he married later. “The dreams I had, they’re dashed. There is no more football. My relationship was crushed. That was my absolute worst time,” Johnson said. ”
I didn’t want to do a thing. I didn’t want to go anywhere. I was crying constantly. Eventually you reach a point where you are all cried out,” he recalls. Things started looking up for Johnson when he became a hit as WWE star. He soon found an opening in Hollywood r hosting ‘Saturday Night Live’ in 2000.
He starred in ‘The Mummy Returns’ and ‘The Scorpion King’. The actor has now been a part of ‘Fast and Furious’ franchise and next stars in ‘Hercules’. “I grew up where, when a door closed, a window didn’t open. The only thing I had was cracks. I’d do everything to get through those cracks — scratch, claw, bite, push, bleed. “Now the opportunity is here. The door is wide open and it’s as big as a garage,” said Johnson.
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews