A live-action prequel of the 1992 animated classic “Aladdin” is currently under works at Disney Studio.
The action-comedy, “Genies”, will be an origin story of the blue-skinned Genie and will reveal how he ends up being trapped inside the lamp, reported Ace Showbiz.
The film is written by Damian Shannon and Mark Swift, who earlier wrote “Freddy vs Jason”, “Friday the 13th”, “Baywatch” and “O’Lucky Day”.
- Will Smith, Mena Massoud and Naomi Scott's Aladdin goes on floors
- Aladdin live-action reboot: Marwan Kenzari may play Jafar, Nasim Pedrad joins cast as Jasmine's handmaid
- Disney facing backlash for casting non-Arab actor Naomi Scott as Jasmine
- Disney announces Aladdin cast, and it's not Siddharth Gupta or Priyanka Chopra but Mena Massoud and Naomi Scott
- Siddharth Gupta might resemble Aladdin, but he is not cast in the Disney movie: Sources
- 'Hrithik Roshan, Fawad Khan!': Twitterati help Disney struggling to find the perfect Aladdin
“Genies” will be produced by Tripp Vinson, who previously worked on The Rock starrer “San Andreas”.
“Aladdin” is a centuries-old Arabic folk tale that got the animated Disney treatment in 1992 in a film featuring actor Robin Williams as the voice of the blue-skinned Genie.