Veteran actress-singer Debbie Reynolds will receive the lifetime achievement award by the Screen Actors Guild. The 82-year-old ‘Tammy and the Bachelor’ star will be honoured at the Actors Guild ceremony on January 25 next year, reported BBC.
The award is the highest honour bestowed by the Actors Guild and is given out each year to an individual who represents ‘the highest ideals of the acting profession’.
“She is a tremendously talented performer with a diverse body of screen and stage work. “Her generous spirit and unforgettable performances have entertained audiences across the globe, moving us all from laughter to tears and back again,” said Ken Howard, president of Screen Actors Guild.
Other figures who have received Actors Guild’s lifetime achievement honour over the years include Rita Moreno, Shirley Temple, Elizabeth Taylor and James Cagney.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016