Filmmaker Jim Henson’s 1986 fantasy film “Labyrinth” starring David Bowie is getting a reboot.
TriStar has signed a deal with The Jim Henson Company to produce a new film.
“Guardians of the Galaxy” co-writer Nicole Perlman will pen the script, said The Hollywood Reporter.
The original musical fantasy movie, starred a 15-year-old Jennifer Connelly as the protagonist who has to navigate a maze to save her infant brother, who had been kidnapped by a goblin king — played by David Bowie, who recorded five songs for the film.
- Game of Thrones Season 7 to cast Harry Potter actor Jim Broadbent
- David Bowie wanted 'Twin Peaks' cameo
- Obit: David Bowie’s legacy has been carved into our collective consciousness
- Nick Cassavetes to direct Ronda Rousey's 'Road House'
- 'Fatal Attraction' rebooted as event series at Fox
- Sequels of 'Labyrinth', 'The Dark Crystal' in works?
Most of the characters in the original were played by puppets produced by Jim Henson’s Creature Shop.
For all the latest Entertainment News, download Indian Express App now