Filmmaker Jim Henson’s 1986 fantasy film “Labyrinth” starring David Bowie is getting a reboot.
TriStar has signed a deal with The Jim Henson Company to produce a new film.
“Guardians of the Galaxy” co-writer Nicole Perlman will pen the script, said The Hollywood Reporter.
The original musical fantasy movie, starred a 15-year-old Jennifer Connelly as the protagonist who has to navigate a maze to save her infant brother, who had been kidnapped by a goblin king — played by David Bowie, who recorded five songs for the film.
- David Bowie wanted 'Twin Peaks' cameo
- Obit: David Bowie’s legacy has been carved into our collective consciousness
- Nick Cassavetes to direct Ronda Rousey's 'Road House'
- 'Fatal Attraction' rebooted as event series at Fox
- 'Kindergarten Cop' to get a reboot
- Sequels of 'Labyrinth', 'The Dark Crystal' in works?
Most of the characters in the original were played by puppets produced by Jim Henson’s Creature Shop.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review