Superstar Daniel Craig’s knee injury scene has been cut from the final edit of “Spectre”.
The actor, 47, sprained the leg joint while filming a fight scene in Austria for the new Bond movie, and he later underwent surgery in New York and had several weeks off work to recover.
In a chat with talk show host Graham Norton, Craig said, “I knackered (injured) my knee. Sadly the bit when I did it wasn’t in the film. It was really a shame. I had to have surgery but it worked out quite well because everyone got a two-week rest – it was an eight-month shoot so we were all tired out.”
- Daniel Craig to cut down on dangerous stunts
- What's the right length?: Shabana Azmi on 'Spectre' kissing scenes
- I loved flirting with Moneypenny: Daniel Craig
- I thought Daniel Craig as Bond was terrible idea: Director Sam Mendes
- Daniel Craig undergoes knee surgery
- Daniel Craig spotted filming Bond movie 'Spectre' in London
Outlining the injuries he has received during his nine years as Bond, Craig added, “I’ve had my right shoulder re-constructed, my right and left knees operated on and my thumb hurts!”