Joe Monteith, the father of ‘Glee’ star Cory Monteith, has described his son as “a likeable young man” a year after his tragic and untimely death.
Cory, who was 31 at the time of his death, was best known for his role on ‘Glee’ as Finn Hudson, reported People magazine.
Joe described his son as “a likeable young man and if he was in the room, you’d be smiling.”
Joe also stated that he was still shocked by his son’s cause of death as Cory “enjoyed life.”
Cory’s body was discovered in a hotel room in Vancouver, Canada on July 13, 2013. His death was accidental and the result of a fatal mix of heroin and alcohol.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Cory had discussed his struggles with substance abuse and in March of 2013 had been admitted into a rehab facility.
Joe was also questioned about Cory’s former girlfriend and ‘Glee’ co-star, Lea Michele.
Joe wished Michele all the best and said he does not expect her to be alone and grieving forever.
“Michele’s a beautiful young woman, she’s just getting to the top of her career and I don’t expect her to go out and do it alone. She should enjoy life. She had a good time when she was with Cory, from what I understand, but life’s got to go on,” he said.