Joe Monteith, the father of ‘Glee’ star Cory Monteith, has described his son as “a likeable young man” a year after his tragic and untimely death.
Cory, who was 31 at the time of his death, was best known for his role on ‘Glee’ as Finn Hudson, reported People magazine.
Joe described his son as “a likeable young man and if he was in the room, you’d be smiling.”
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Joe also stated that he was still shocked by his son’s cause of death as Cory “enjoyed life.”
Cory’s body was discovered in a hotel room in Vancouver, Canada on July 13, 2013. His death was accidental and the result of a fatal mix of heroin and alcohol.
Cory had discussed his struggles with substance abuse and in March of 2013 had been admitted into a rehab facility.
Joe was also questioned about Cory’s former girlfriend and ‘Glee’ co-star, Lea Michele.
Joe wished Michele all the best and said he does not expect her to be alone and grieving forever.
“Michele’s a beautiful young woman, she’s just getting to the top of her career and I don’t expect her to go out and do it alone. She should enjoy life. She had a good time when she was with Cory, from what I understand, but life’s got to go on,” he said.