Comedian Chris Rock is still on board to host the Oscars this year despite calls for him to join the boycott protesting the Academy’s lack of diversity.
Academy Awards producer Reginald Hudlin has, however, revealed that Rock’s opening monologue will address the #OscarsSoWhite conversation in a big way, reported Variety.
Rock reportedly reworked his entire set of jokes when such figures as Jada Pinkett Smith and Will Smith announced they would be boycotting the ceremony, reported Variety.
“Chris is hard at work. He and his writing staff locked themselves in a room,” Hudlin said.
“As things got a little provocative and exciting, he said, ‘I’m throwing out the show I wrote and writing a new show.’ Chris is that thorough. He’s that brilliant, and I have 1000 percent confidence that he will deliver something that people will be talking about for weeks.”
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- We have to handle stuff: Jada Pinkett Smith's on Oscars joke
- Chris Rock transforms Oscars into biting racial commentary
- Chris Rock makes his Oscar opener political, talks racism
- Suspense over Chris Rock monologue at the Oscars
- George Clooney on Oscar nominations: You feel like we're moving in the wrong direction
- Chris Rock in talks to host Oscars 2016
Hudlin indicated that he and his team are prepared for Rock to make some controversial statements.
“And, yes, the Academy is ready for him to do that. They’re excited about him doing that. They know that’s what we need. They know that’s what the public wants, and we deliver what the people want,” Hudlin said.
Confirmation of Rock’s hosting duties come on the heels of the Academy’s Friday announcement that it would overhaul its membership in order to promote diversity, aiming to double its number of female and minority members by the year 2020.