Channing Tatum-Mila Kunis starrer ‘Jupiter Ascending’ has been delayed by the Warner Bros from July 18 to February 6, next year.
The studio said extensive special effects were taking time in the film, which has been directed by Andy and Lana Wachowski, reported Variety. The decision, however, comes very close to film’s release with studio’s domestic distribution chief Dan Fellman saying the directors needed more time to complete their work on more than 2,000 special effects shots in the film.
“With the July release date, they were just not going to make it on time. A lot of the issue for us was getting it ready for the international release, since the foreign territories need additional time,” Fellman said.
The film’s story is set at a time when humans are at the bottom of the evolutionary ladder and follows a woman targetted for assassination by the queen of the universe. ‘Jupiter Ascending’ will face competition from Johnny Depp starrer ‘Mortdecai’ and Jeff Bridges starrer ‘Seventh Son’ at the box office.
The Wachowskis have previously produced and directed ‘The Matrix’ trilogy for Warner Bros.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016