Brad Pitt has revealed his bruised face is the result of running in dark wearing flip flops.
The 51-year-old actor looked noticeably banged-up when he appeared at the 3rd annual Light Up the Blues Concert in Hollywood last weekend, reported People magazine.
“This is what happens when you try to run up steps in the dark, with your arms full, wearing flip flops,” Pitt said in a statement.
- Angelina Jolie to make her acting comeback with Maleficent 2?
- Angelina Jolie on her split with Brad Pitt: I don't enjoy being single
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to make fresh start, claims biographer
- Brad Pitt meets Shah Rukh Khan but why was there no lungi dance? Here are all the deets
- Brad Pitt talks about quitting alcohol, moving forward with life
- Brad Pitt's an atheist
“Turns out if you then try to stop your forward momentum with your face, the result is road rash. Regardless, I wasn’t going to miss the Autism Speaks benefit the night after – wonderful people and I was honoured to be a part of this important event,” he added.
Jack Black acted as emcee for the event benefiting Autism Speaks, later auctioning off a Fender guiter signed by the performers from the event, all of whom have autism.
Pitt, 51, entered a bidding war for the guitar and ended up being the winner after offering up a whopping USD 23,000.