Actress Helen Mirren thinks her marriage to Taylor Hackford has lasted so long because they spend a lot of time apart.
The 70-year-old actress has been married to Taylor Hackford for almost 30 years.
Although they “miss each other terribly” when they are away, Mirren thinks it is important she and the director give each other “room to be who they want to be”, as well as offering personal and professional support, reported Entertainment Tonight.
“That has to be a two-way street. I’m very lucky that Taylor gives the same to me, you know? It’s a mutually-supportive relationship.”
- I sobbed for 20 minutes after watching 'Parenthood': Helen Mirren
- Helen Mirren praises Hollywood's 'astronomical changes'
- Women need to stand up for themselves: Helen Mirren
- Marrying later is good idea: Helen Mirren
- Helen Mirren credits husband for her belief in relationships
- Jennifer Lopez is 1,000 per cent hotter than me: Helen Mirren
Mirren can next be seen in “Eye in the Sky” opposite late actor Alan Rickman – who passed away last month – and she thinks the star would have been “proud” that the thriller, which centres around the controversy of drone warfare, was his final piece of work.