A video, in which Ben Affleck could not hide his sadness when asked about the criticisms against “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice”, has gone viral.
In the clip, which was originally sourced from an interview, co-star Henry Cavill, 32, sits next to 43-year-old Affleck, as they are asked about the critical “mixed response” to the film.
The video then cuts to a collection of extremely negative headlines pertaining to the movie.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“Batman v Superman will make you hate Batman, Superman and The Justice League,” proclaimed one of the first reviews.
After the barrage of headlines, it cuts to a picture of a movie rating site, which has certified the movie as ‘Rotten’ with a 30 per cent rating.
Also read: Batman Vs Superman: Dawn of Justice review
Cavill then starts to answer the question, but the camera actually begins zooming in on a dejected-looking Affleck.
The tear-jerking song “The Sound of Silence”, by Simon and Garfunkel, then starts playing in the background.
By the end of the zoom, Affleck still looks quite sad, and his only contribution to the discussion is a muted “I agree.”
Viewers of the clip, originally posted by Youtube user Sabconth, quickly took to Twitter to announce their love for the clip.
A meme simply known as Sad Affleck quickly also surfaced online which features a still from the video with a cartoon teardrop streaming down the “Argo” star’s right cheek.
While “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” has fared poorly with critics, it still managed to gross USD 27.7 million from Thursday night showings, according to Variety, and is on course for perhaps a USD 180 million weekend.
Watch Batman V Superman – Sad Affleck here.