A video, in which Ben Affleck could not hide his sadness when asked about the criticisms against “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice”, has gone viral.
In the clip, which was originally sourced from an interview, co-star Henry Cavill, 32, sits next to 43-year-old Affleck, as they are asked about the critical “mixed response” to the film.
The video then cuts to a collection of extremely negative headlines pertaining to the movie.
“Batman v Superman will make you hate Batman, Superman and The Justice League,” proclaimed one of the first reviews.
After the barrage of headlines, it cuts to a picture of a movie rating site, which has certified the movie as ‘Rotten’ with a 30 per cent rating.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Also read: Batman Vs Superman: Dawn of Justice review
Cavill then starts to answer the question, but the camera actually begins zooming in on a dejected-looking Affleck.
The tear-jerking song “The Sound of Silence”, by Simon and Garfunkel, then starts playing in the background.
By the end of the zoom, Affleck still looks quite sad, and his only contribution to the discussion is a muted “I agree.”
Viewers of the clip, originally posted by Youtube user Sabconth, quickly took to Twitter to announce their love for the clip.
A meme simply known as Sad Affleck quickly also surfaced online which features a still from the video with a cartoon teardrop streaming down the “Argo” star’s right cheek.
While “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” has fared poorly with critics, it still managed to gross USD 27.7 million from Thursday night showings, according to Variety, and is on course for perhaps a USD 180 million weekend.
Watch Batman V Superman – Sad Affleck here.