US President Barack Obama has said that the controversy over this year’s all-white Oscar acting nominations is part of a broader issue the country is grappling with.
No ethnic minority actors or actresses were nominated for the top Oscar awards for the second year running, sparking an outcry and prompting the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences to announce reforms.
“I think that when everyone’s story is told then that makes for better art,” Obama told regional television anchors. Chris Rock still Oscars host;monologue to tackle OscarsSoWhite
“It makes for better entertainment, it makes everybody feel part of one American family,” he said, according to an ABC affiliate. Will Smith, wife Jada Pinkett-Smith to boycott Oscars in diversity protest
“I think as a whole the industry should do what every other industry should do, which is to look for talent, provide opportunity to everybody.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“And I think the Oscar debate is really just an expression of this broader issue. Are we making sure that everybody is getting a fair shot?” Lupita Nyong’o slams white Oscars