Australian actor Sam Worthington has been arraigned in New York on counts including misdemeanor assault for allegedly punching a photographer, who also was charged in their encounter.
The 37-year-old “Avatar” star was ordered today to stay away from photographer Sheng Li for six months. Worthington was released on his own recognizance.
Prosecutors say Worthington punched the photographer in the face in a scuffle Sunday in Manhattan’s Greenwich Village.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
They say he told officers he was protecting his girlfriend. Defense lawyer Stacey Richman told the judge photographers have relentlessly followed Worthington. Earlier, the actor had no comment when he entered Manhattan Criminal Court.
Li was arrested on reckless endangerment, assault and harassment charges. His lawyer says Li shouldn’t have been arrested.