Actress Amy Poehler is set to produce and star in a currently untitled basketball comedy at Universal.
The 43-year-old actress, fresh off her success of providing the voice of Joy in Pixar’s animated hit “Inside Out”, will play a washed-up basketball coach who gets called upon to coach an NBA team, reported Entertainment Weekly.
The basketball comedy will be written by “The Mindy Project” actor Ike Barinholtz and David Stassen.
- Will Ferrell to star in Universal Studios' action comedy
- My friendship with Tina is like marriage: Amy Poehler
- Amy Poehler to receive Walk Of Fame star
- My dream is to write book about my famous friends: Amy Poehler
- Lena Dunham recruits celebrity friends for parenthood campaign
- Jon Hamm,Amy Poehler to throw party after Emmy Awards
Poehler and Barinholtz first teamed up for the upcoming Universal comedy “Sisters”, in which Barinholtz plays the comedienne’s love interest.
Poehler will produce the film through her company, Paper Kite Productions, along with Cott Stuber and Dylan Clark.