‘Harry Potter’ star Alan Rickman will be honoured at the upcoming Giffoni Film Festival.
The gala has been held annually in Giffoni Valle Piana since 1971, and highlights films and stars who appeal to children, reported Digital Spy.
Rickman has been selected as this year’s recipient of the prestigious Francois Truffaut Award, which is named after the iconic French New Wave filmmaker who championed the Giffoni Film Festival.
He is being highlighted for his work as Severus Snape in the ‘Harry Potter’ film series, which has had tremendous appeal for children around the globe.
The 68-year-old actor will be given the prize at a special ceremony to be held on July 23.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
More than 100,000 people are expected to attend the Giffoni Film Festival from July 18 to July 27.