Actress Sheila MacRae, who is best known for her role as the wife of bus driver Ralph Kramden named Alice on 1960s ‘The Honeymooners’, has died at the age of 92.
Her granddaughter Allison Mullavey said that the actress died in Englewood, NJ on March 6, reported Ace Showbiz.
“She lived a good life and she lived a long time,” Mullavey said.
MacRae was born Sheila Margaret Stephens in London. Her family sent her to live in Long Island, New York, before the
World War II. In 1941, she married Gordon MacRae who was popular for his hits such as “Rambling Rose”, “So in Love” and “It’s Magic”.
The couple often performed together on TV. They appeared in an episode of “The Ed Sullivan Show” in 1964 where The
Beatles performed. The couple got divorced in 1967. MacRae’s TV credits included “General Hospital” and “Search for Tomorrow”. She also took part in quiz “What’s My Line?”. She also starred in movies such as 1950’s “Backfire”, “Caged”, “Pretty Baby” and 1964’s “Bikini Beach”.
In addition to TV and movie appearances, MacRae performed on Broadway plays including “Absurd Person Singular” which debuted in 1974.
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
MacRae is survived by a daughter, actress Heather MacRae, and two sons, William Gordon MacRae and Robert Bruce MacRae. Her other daughter, actress Meredith MacRae, died in 2000.