Actress Emma Stone will replace Michelle Williams and make her Broadway debut as singer Sally Bowles opposite Tony winner Alan Cumming in the musical ‘Cabaret’, producers said on Wednesday.
The 25-year-old actress, who starred in Woody Allen’s ‘Magic in the Moonlight’ and superhero action franchise ‘The Amazing Spider-Man’, will begin on Nov. 11 in the musical set during the rise of Nazism in Berlin.
‘Cabaret’ is based on Christopher Isherwood’s 1939 novel ‘Goodbye to Berlin’, which chronicles in part the seedy cabaret nightlife of the German capital in the final years of the Weimar Republic.
Williams has extended her run in the role made famous by Liza Minnelli to Nov. 9, and Cumming will continue to play the emcee at the Kit Kat Klub until March 29.
The revival of the 1998 Tony Award-winning production that opened on April 24 at Studio 54 has won rave reviews, with the Hollywood Reporter describing it as a “thrilling production, which is even sharper this time around.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016