Actress Emma Stone will replace Michelle Williams and make her Broadway debut as singer Sally Bowles opposite Tony winner Alan Cumming in the musical ‘Cabaret’, producers said on Wednesday.
The 25-year-old actress, who starred in Woody Allen’s ‘Magic in the Moonlight’ and superhero action franchise ‘The Amazing Spider-Man’, will begin on Nov. 11 in the musical set during the rise of Nazism in Berlin.
‘Cabaret’ is based on Christopher Isherwood’s 1939 novel ‘Goodbye to Berlin’, which chronicles in part the seedy cabaret nightlife of the German capital in the final years of the Weimar Republic.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Williams has extended her run in the role made famous by Liza Minnelli to Nov. 9, and Cumming will continue to play the emcee at the Kit Kat Klub until March 29.
The revival of the 1998 Tony Award-winning production that opened on April 24 at Studio 54 has won rave reviews, with the Hollywood Reporter describing it as a “thrilling production, which is even sharper this time around.”