Actor Seth Gilliam was arrested by police for driving under influence, speeding and possession of marijuana.
The 46-year-old actor, who is known for his priest role on “The Walking Dead” and cop on “The Wire”, was pulled over in Peachtree City for driving at 107 mph in a 55 mph zone. As he was pulled over, the police claimed to smell alcohol from him, reported Ace Showbiz.
At first, he defended himself by saying that he normally drove a Jeep and the car he was driving was a rental and was different. However, the reason was apparently deemed unjustifiable by the police.
- Brand NEW Rs 49 lakh PORSCHE gets confiscated within 10 minutes of buying
- In Mumbai, 11,000 traffic violation cases on day of Holi
- People shoot videos as boy is hit by bus in Delhi’s Mukherjee Nagar
- Crackdown on drunk driving: Seven driving licences found to be fake, recommended for cancellation
- New Year’s Eve: Mumbai Police register 615 cases of drink driving, collect Rs 12.3 lakh fine
- Justin Bieber’s arrest latest sign of trouble
According to the police report, when asked whether he had been drinking, he admitted to having had three beers and a shot of hard liquor. Unfortunately, he failed the sobriety test.
The police also found a joint in a cigarette box hidden in the arm rest. The police then confiscated the joint of marijuana from his car.
The actor was charged for reckless driving speeding, DUI, and possession of marijuana. Seth was taken into custody and jailed in Fayette County Jail. He was later released after posting a USD 9,818 bond.