The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has determined the four producers who will represent ‘The Wolf of Wall Street’ in its bid for the Oscars’ best film honour- Martin Scorsese, Leonardo DiCaprio, Joey McFarland and Emma Tillinger Koskoff.
When the film was nominated for the recently held Producers Guild Awards, neither Scorsese nor DiCaprio were among the individual nominees. The PGA nominees were Koskoff, McFarland and his partner at Red Granite Riza Aziz.
‘The Wolf of Wall Street’ tells the story of the shady stockbroker and relentless hedonist Jordan Belfort. Scorsese
previously won an Oscar for directing ‘The Departed’ and has been nominated nine other times. This is his second nomination as a producer; the first was for ‘Hugo’.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
DiCaprio is likewise nominated for lead actor for his performance as Belfort. DiCaprio has been nominated for three Oscars in the past and has yet to win. ‘The Wolf of Wall Street’ marks his first nomination as a producer.
Academy Awards for outstanding film achievements of 2013 will be presented on March 2, 2014, at the Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center.
The Oscars, produced by Craig Zadan and Neil Meron, also will be televised live in more than 225 countries and