- Shah Rukh Khan’s Swiss diaries is all about striking his signature pose and having a fan moment with Elton John, Cate Blanchett
- Ocean’s 8 first poster: Sandra Bullock and her gang are all set to pull off a heist at the Met Gala
- Thor Ragnarok box office collection: The Chris Hemsworth film is winning at the Indian box office with Rs 40.37 crore
Oscar-winner Cate Blanchett believes women doing strong roles should be a norm not an exception.
The 46-year-old “Blue Jasmine” star, who stars in “Carol” about two women who fall in love in the 1950s New York, believes there are great female performers, reported Yahoo UK.
“Every time there’s interesting, complex roles played by actresses on screen, someone says, ‘Do you think this is a breakthrough?’ and, ‘Does this mean there’s going to be more of the same?’ We seem to find ourselves in the same conversation and that’s somehow remarkable.
“I think there’s a swathe of great roles for women and certainly, there’s some wonderful female performers. It’s just time to get on with it really,” she said ahead of the “Carol” screening at BFI London.
- Shah Rukh Khan's Swiss diaries is all about striking his signature pose and having a fan moment with Elton John, Cate Blanchett
- Ocean's 8 first poster: Sandra Bullock and her gang are all set to pull off a heist at the Met Gala
- Thor Ragnarok actor Cate Blanchett: I've never met a more generous, egoless performer than Chris Hemsworth
- Thor Ragnarok actor Cate Blanchett: Best villains are always those that you kind of love
- Meeting Shekhar Kapur turning point in my career: Cate Blanchett
- Cate Blanchett reveals past relationships with women
In the upcoming drama, Blanchett plays a married woman who falls in love with Rooney Mara’s character.
“Both characters are quite isolated—not only because their feelings set them apart from others, but the gap in their ages. They go through these volcanic feelings towards one another so it was a relief to do the scenes with Rooney. Finally we get to be together.”
Rooney enjoyed co-starring with Blanchett as well. “Chemistry isn’t something you can create. As in real life, you either have it or you don’t. I felt lucky that it was easy for me to feel chemistry towards Cate.”