Producer Glendon Palmer is developing a film “Southside With You”, which is inspired by the first 1989 date of US President Barack Obama with now wife Michelle Obama.
At that time the President was a young firm summer associate and his wife was known as lawyer Michelle Robinson.
- 'Obama received gifts worth USD3K during Jan 2015 India visit'
- Barack Obama to PM Narendra Modi: 'India should not be split on sectarian lines'
- Michelle Obama's message for Barack Obama on their 25th marriage anniversary will melt your heart
- This 2009 photo of Obamas planting tree has inspired a photo battle, and it's amazing
- Michelle Obama reveals how she was scrutinised for every dress while Barack Obama wore the same tux for 8 years
- By the end of first date,I was sold: Michelle Obama
The story follows the couple on a date that took them from the Art Institute of Chicago to a screening of Spike Lee’s “Do the Right Thing” to the site of their first kiss outside of an ice cream parlour, reported Deadline.
Tika Sumpter (‘Get on Up’) will star as Michelle, 51. Casting is underway for the role of Barack Obama, 53.
Richard Tanne makes his directorial debut with the project based on his screenplay.