Hollywood superstar Sylvester Stallone had a ‘Shraadh’ ceremony performed for his dead son Sage in Haridwar, sometime around last week. Sage, who died in the year 2012, was headlined to have had a drug overdose, but later it was found out that he has suffered a heart attack. He was discovered dead in his Los Angeles flat three years ago, at the age of 36.
According to a report published in Times of India, Sylvester Stallone told a Vedic scholar from Rishikesh that he still sees his dead son and quietly sent one of his family members to do the puja for Sage.
“Fearing that they would be hounded by paparazzi, the family — Stallone’s half-brother Michael, his wife and two others — had made a secret visit to Kankhal, Haridwar, after been advised by Prateek Mishrapuri to do so. They returned to Philadelphia after performing the ‘tithi shradh’, done for those who meet their end through accident or murder,” the report adds.
- Pune: Protesting against ‘Halal’ film, local outfit defaces posters, board at writer’s office
- Any claim of declaring war on North Korea absurd, clears White House
- BHU violence: DM seeks panel for girls’ complaints
- Euphoria frontman Palash Sen turns filmmaker with Jiya Jaye, launches son Kinshuk
- BHU violence: PM Modi, Amit Shah speak to Yogi Adityanath, Congress says sack V-C
- Police violence on campus: BHU to seek judicial probe, V-C denies lathicharge
Stallone, who had earlier admitted that it was tough coming to terms with his son’s death, had attempted to get in touch with seances to talk with his son. In his search for a medium, he had also reached out to Mishrapuri, an astrologer, then on a visit to Los Angeles. It was through Mishrapuri that Stallone learnt of the Hindu ritual of ‘shraadh’.
“In our meeting last year in LA, he (Sylvester Stallone) asked if it is possible to speak to his son. I told him it is possible, but it would be very painful for Sage’s soul. He confessed that he had seen his son and that he was deeply disturbed. The family had sought to make it a quiet affair and I provided them details of nondescript hotels they could stay at. After the shradh of Sage, Michael also performed a ceremony for his sister Toni Ann, who died aged 48 in 2012,” said Mishrapuri according to the TOI report.