Critics and audiences panned it, but the pre-release buzz and advanced bookings have helped Suriya-starrer Tamil actioner “Anjaan” to rake in Rs.15.03 in the southern market of the country.
“Thanks to the extremely good pre-release buzz and advanced bookings, ‘Anjaan’ has managed to register very good opening of Rs. 15.03 in Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Karnataka put together. It is expected to close the opening weekend with very good number,” trade analyst Trinath told IANS.
But the film may not have a successful run at the ticket window, he says.
“The film is not expected to draw audiences to cinemas after the first week. Since tickets were sold out in most of the cinemas for the first four days even before its release, the film managed to run to houseful shows,” Trinath said.
“But since the film has been panned by everybody, it’s very likely to be removed from cinemas in two weeks,” he added.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Directed by Lingusamy, “Anjaan” was dubbed and released as “Sikandar” in Telugu.
The film also features Samantha Ruth Prabhu, Vidyut Jammwal, Manoj Bajpayee, Dalip Tahil and Murali Sharma in important roles.