Stephen King’s new short story, ‘Bad Little Kid’, has been chosen for a feature film by Laurent Bouzereau and his production company, Nedland Media Inc.
The supernatural tale centres on a man whose life changes forever when he realises that a mysterious boy is causing the deaths of people he loves, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
‘Bad Little Kid’ was released as an e-story in Germany and France on March 14. King says he wrote it specifically for his fans in those European countries who were so hospitable to him when he visited in November.
Bouzereau, who is also planning on directing ‘Bad Little Kid’, has a resume packed with making-of documentaries. He wrote and directed the 2011 TCM film ‘A Night at the Movies: The Horrors of Stephen King’, which featured King discussing horror films and their popularity with moviegoers.
Bouzereau’s other directing credits include Roman ‘Polanski: A Film Memoir’ and ‘Don’t Say No Until I Finish Talking: The Story of Richard D Zanuck’, which he also wrote and produced.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
More than 50 of Kings’ books and short stories have been adapted into films over the years, including ‘The Shining’, ‘Carrie’ and ‘The Green Mile’.
An adaptation of the apocalyptic thriller ‘Cell’ starring Samuel L Jackson is currently in post-production, and Blumhouse produced a film called ‘Mercy’, an adaptation of King’s short story Gramma.