Union Minister of State for the Communications and IT Milind Deora said that some Bollywood celebrities enter into politics merely to “get noticed”.
“Presence of Bollywood (in the politics) is nothing new… There are credible as well as frivolous people entering politics, be it from Bollywood or other fields. The agenda is to be noticed as it shows (in their profiles) that they have contested election,” Deora said.
Superstar Salman Khan has campaigned for Deora since 2004. The minister chose not to name the stars who have done good work in the politics or those who haven’t.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
But he lauded Union Tourism Minister and Telugu superstar K Chiranjeevi for giving a boost to the lighthouse tourism along the country’s coast during his tenure at the Centre.
“There are people (from Bollywood) who are doing good work… like Chiranjeevi did boost lighthouse (tourism) in the country. He thought of developing lighthouses as a tourist destination which was a good idea. He has been a good Tourism Minister,” Deora said.
“The development of lighthouses will not only help protect national heritage but also kindle interest among youth about the country’s rich maritime history and heritage,” he said.