Union Minister of State for the Communications and IT Milind Deora said that some Bollywood celebrities enter into politics merely to “get noticed”.
“Presence of Bollywood (in the politics) is nothing new… There are credible as well as frivolous people entering politics, be it from Bollywood or other fields. The agenda is to be noticed as it shows (in their profiles) that they have contested election,” Deora said.
Superstar Salman Khan has campaigned for Deora since 2004. The minister chose not to name the stars who have done good work in the politics or those who haven’t.
But he lauded Union Tourism Minister and Telugu superstar K Chiranjeevi for giving a boost to the lighthouse tourism along the country’s coast during his tenure at the Centre.
“There are people (from Bollywood) who are doing good work… like Chiranjeevi did boost lighthouse (tourism) in the country. He thought of developing lighthouses as a tourist destination which was a good idea. He has been a good Tourism Minister,” Deora said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“The development of lighthouses will not only help protect national heritage but also kindle interest among youth about the country’s rich maritime history and heritage,” he said.