The beauteous Katrina Kaif continues to mesmerise as an actress with the biggest brand value.
It took a foreigner to take Bollywood by storm and make it to the big heap. From a slow start in Boom to the highest position in Dhoom 3,Katrina Kaifs journey has been nothing short of a fairy tale.
The question of Screen Annual Survey 2013 in this category was which living actress of Hindi cinema has the biggest brand value,and the results pegged the dazzling Katrina Kaif on top with 26 per cent votes in her favour.
It was not surprising that Katrina Kaif topped as the numero uno heroine with the biggest brand value,but it was still revelatory that despite so many more actresses making inroads into tinsel-town and establishing themselves as brands,she made it to the top yet again.
The actress has built her brand slowly and steadily. Despite a disastrous start with Boom and a poor command over Hindi,Katrina Kaif got noticed for her glamour quotient as the leading lady in Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya and Humko Deewana Kar Gaye.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Katrina Kaif soon found her a footing in Bollywood with several hits like Namaste London,Partner,Race and Singh Is Kingg.
However,it was with Kabir Khans New York that the actress got noticed for her acting skills,something she followed up with films like Raajneeti,Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara and Jab Tak Hain Jaan.
Though the reviews to her acting ability have been mixed,Katrina Kaif’s intriguing mix of beauty,energy,hard work and dedication have established her as a brand to reckon with. Couple this with the fact that she is one of the most-in-demand face for several multinational brands like Panasonic,Pantene,Titan which has made a formidable brand that she is. Kaif is also an inspiration for several wannabes from all over the world,who dream of Bollywood as their destination.
Today Katrina Kaif is all set to appear in two high profile productions Yash Raj Films: Dhoom 3 and Bang Bang.
*The face of several top brands like Pantene,Slice,Olay,Titan Kaif is also the Brand Ambassador of the national airline of the United Arab Emirates Ethihad Airways.
*At one time the brand ambassador of the IPL Royal Challengers,Bangalore Katrina Kaif performed at the extravagant IPL opening ceremony this year with Shah Rukh Khan.
*Her philanthropic work includes her association with her mother’s NGO the Relief Projects India.
*Kaif has also been voted as Asias sexiest woman by many international magazines.
*In 2011 toy giant Mattel recreated her Barbie look from the Lakhme Fashion Week for a Katrina Barbie.
Katrina Kaif on being the chosen one
“This is an absolute honour! I have always considered audience acceptance and recognition as the highest award I could ever receive. There are several faces in our industry,who are far more good looking and charming than me,so I guess the reason Im the chosen one has to be that the connect with them is higher than the others. For which I am deeply grateful. I profusely thank all the people for conferring this privilege on me.
What’s in a name?
Meena Kumari was known as the Tragedy Queen,for her frequent portrayal of sorrowful and dramatic roles in her films as well as tragic incidents in her real-life.
He is one film-maker who believed that the show must go on,come what may. Flamboyance was Raj Kapoors trademark as a film-maker. His films were masterpieces brilliant story lines,stellar performances and melodious music to go with it.
It was in the 1960s when Rajendra Kumar had about seven releases,which ran more than 25 weeks all showing at the cinemas at the same time. He was thus rendered the nickname Jubilee Kumar as several of his films did jubilee runs.