Making his electoral debut from Jaunpur constituency in Uttar Pradesh as a Congress candidate, Bhojpuri actor Ravi Kissen says he hopes to convert his fans into voters.
“I am confident that my fans will turn into my voters now. I am not an outsider and one amongst them. My parents still live in Jaunpur and I know the local problems of my constituency, I am not a mere crowd-puller,” the 42-year-old actor told PTI.
Despite his new innings in politics, Ravi Kissen plans to continue his acting career parallel to his work as a politician.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“I will never stop acting. The day I will do that, I will die. I am doing Telugu and Marathi movies apart from Bhojpuri and Hindi. I think I can strike a balance in politics and acting,” said the actor, best known for his Bhojpuri films like ‘Pandit Ji Batai Na Biyah Kab Hoi’, ‘Raavan, ‘Ganga’ and ‘Banke Bihari MLA’.
The actor believes his strength lies in his contribution to local cinema. “I have done 200 Bhojpuri and 50 Bollywood movies and have contributed in the development of Bhojpuri cinema. My cinema will become my strength however I will refrain from ‘filmi dialogubaazi’ during my campaigning and rather focus on local issues.”
Ravi Kissen said Rahul and Priyanka Gandhi inspired him to enter into politics.
“I chose Congress party as I have been campaigning for them for the last decade. I am a Gandhian and a big fan of late Rajiv Gandhi. Priyanka and Rahul are young and can connect with the youth today,” said the actor.
He wants to develop Jaunpur as a shooting hub for Bhojpuri cinema by building basic infrastructure. “I always tell my filmmaker friends in Mumbai to go and shoot in Jaunpur but they avoid due to lack of basic infrastructure. There is no development here which hurts me. I want to make Jaunpur a shooting hub of Bhojpuri cinema. My priorities include toilets in each household, a stadium and a theatre centre,” Ravi Kissen said.