Tamil superstar Rajiniknath will soon begin shooting for his next film, which also stars Bollywood actress Sonakshi Sinha, titled ‘Lingaa’. The film has been named after his grandson Linga, who is the son of ‘Raanjhanaa’ actor Dhanush and Rajinikanth’s elder daughter Aishwaryaa. Linga, born in 2006, is the youngest grandson of Rajinikanth.
Southern actress Aushka Shetty, who is also a part of the film revealed the information on her official Facebook page, saying, “Very happy to be a part of superstar Rajinikanth sir’s film. K.S. Ravi Kumar sir is the director and AR Rahman is scoring the music. Sonakshi Sinha also a part of this movie. Eagerly waiting for the shoot to start !”
The film, which stars Sonakshi Sinha opposite Rajinikanth, is scheduled to go on floors from May.
Sonakshi Sinha had said, “Very few people in the industry get an opportunity to do a film with Rajinikanth. If I had to make a debut in South, it had to be something as big as this. I can’t wait to begin shooting for him in May.”
Earlier Amitabh Bachchan had revealed that Rajinikanth was planning to retire from the celluloid, however Big B insisted he continues to work. Rajinikanth was last seen in Enthiran (Robot) in 2010 with Aishwraya Rai and in a cameo in Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Ra.One’ (2011).
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The actor will now be making a comeback on the silverscreen after a gap of almost four years in his daughter Soundarya’s directorial debut ‘Kochadaiiyaan’.
‘Lingaa’ directed by K.S. Ravikumar spans across generations as it goes from current times to the flashback. The film will have music by double Grammy winner A R Rahman.
Ravikumar has already delivered superhit films with Rajinikanth as the hero in movies like ‘Muthu’ (1995) and ‘Padayappa’ (1999).