Tamil superstar Rajiniknath will soon begin shooting for his next film, which also stars Bollywood actress Sonakshi Sinha, titled ‘Lingaa’. The film has been named after his grandson Linga, who is the son of ‘Raanjhanaa’ actor Dhanush and Rajinikanth’s elder daughter Aishwaryaa. Linga, born in 2006, is the youngest grandson of Rajinikanth.
Southern actress Aushka Shetty, who is also a part of the film revealed the information on her official Facebook page, saying, “Very happy to be a part of superstar Rajinikanth sir’s film. K.S. Ravi Kumar sir is the director and AR Rahman is scoring the music. Sonakshi Sinha also a part of this movie. Eagerly waiting for the shoot to start !”
The film, which stars Sonakshi Sinha opposite Rajinikanth, is scheduled to go on floors from May.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Sonakshi Sinha had said, “Very few people in the industry get an opportunity to do a film with Rajinikanth. If I had to make a debut in South, it had to be something as big as this. I can’t wait to begin shooting for him in May.”
Earlier Amitabh Bachchan had revealed that Rajinikanth was planning to retire from the celluloid, however Big B insisted he continues to work. Rajinikanth was last seen in Enthiran (Robot) in 2010 with Aishwraya Rai and in a cameo in Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Ra.One’ (2011).
The actor will now be making a comeback on the silverscreen after a gap of almost four years in his daughter Soundarya’s directorial debut ‘Kochadaiiyaan’.
‘Lingaa’ directed by K.S. Ravikumar spans across generations as it goes from current times to the flashback. The film will have music by double Grammy winner A R Rahman.
Ravikumar has already delivered superhit films with Rajinikanth as the hero in movies like ‘Muthu’ (1995) and ‘Padayappa’ (1999).