Bollywood celebrities like Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone, AR Rahman joined Thalivaa Rajiinikanth and his director daughter Soundarya for the music launch of his upcoming epic drama ‘Kochadaiiyaan’ on Sunday (March 9) in Chennai.
Veteran directors K Balachandar, S P Muthuraman, Shankar, K S Ravi Kumar and lyricist Vairamuthu were also present during the function at Sathyam Cinemas, in which Rajinikanth released the audio.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Shah Rukh, who recently paid a tribute to Rajinikanth vis-a-vis ‘Lungi dance’ in ‘Chennai Express’, was personally invited by film’s director and Rajinikanth’s younger daughter Soundarya R Ashwin. SRK had tweeted, “Kochadaiiyaan time. Always a pleasure to meet Rajni Sir and his family. Onward to Chennai.”
Deepika Padukone opted for a thorough southern style dressing with a pink and black sari. She finished off her look with heavy gold bangles and earrings complete with gajra!
The film’s music is given by music maestro AR Rahman and Bollywood starlet Deepika Padukone has been cast opposite Rajinikanth in the film. Actor Jackie Shroff, who will be seen in a pivotal role in the film was also seen at the music launch.
Rajnikanth’s daughter Soundarya hopes her directorial debut vehicle ‘Kochadaiiyaan’ to be a game-changer for Indian cinema at the international level. The veteran actor’s most talked about film, set to be released in six languages, is being touted as the country’s first to be made using motion capture technology.
Of the nine songs, noted singer S P Balasubrahmanyam, Rahman, and Rajinikanth’s wife Latha have lent their voices.
The Tamil superstar is cast as the archetypal superhero in the epic dramatisation of good versus evil. He performs a dual role with Deepika Padukone being paired opposite the younger character. They are joined by current and yesteryear stars of North and South Indian Cinema such as Jackie Shroff and R Sarathkumar for a global, pan-Indian cinematic treat.
Another Oscar winner and sound engineer Resul Pookutty, has worked for the India’s first motion capture photo-realistic animated film.
‘Kochadaiiyaan’ is set to release on April 11. (With PTI inputs)