Bollywood celebrities like Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone, AR Rahman joined Thalivaa Rajiinikanth and his director daughter Soundarya for the music launch of his upcoming epic drama ‘Kochadaiiyaan’ on Sunday (March 9) in Chennai.
Veteran directors K Balachandar, S P Muthuraman, Shankar, K S Ravi Kumar and lyricist Vairamuthu were also present during the function at Sathyam Cinemas, in which Rajinikanth released the audio.
Shah Rukh, who recently paid a tribute to Rajinikanth vis-a-vis ‘Lungi dance’ in ‘Chennai Express’, was personally invited by film’s director and Rajinikanth’s younger daughter Soundarya R Ashwin. SRK had tweeted, “Kochadaiiyaan time. Always a pleasure to meet Rajni Sir and his family. Onward to Chennai.”
Deepika Padukone opted for a thorough southern style dressing with a pink and black sari. She finished off her look with heavy gold bangles and earrings complete with gajra!
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The film’s music is given by music maestro AR Rahman and Bollywood starlet Deepika Padukone has been cast opposite Rajinikanth in the film. Actor Jackie Shroff, who will be seen in a pivotal role in the film was also seen at the music launch.
Rajnikanth’s daughter Soundarya hopes her directorial debut vehicle ‘Kochadaiiyaan’ to be a game-changer for Indian cinema at the international level. The veteran actor’s most talked about film, set to be released in six languages, is being touted as the country’s first to be made using motion capture technology.
Of the nine songs, noted singer S P Balasubrahmanyam, Rahman, and Rajinikanth’s wife Latha have lent their voices.
The Tamil superstar is cast as the archetypal superhero in the epic dramatisation of good versus evil. He performs a dual role with Deepika Padukone being paired opposite the younger character. They are joined by current and yesteryear stars of North and South Indian Cinema such as Jackie Shroff and R Sarathkumar for a global, pan-Indian cinematic treat.
Another Oscar winner and sound engineer Resul Pookutty, has worked for the India’s first motion capture photo-realistic animated film.
‘Kochadaiiyaan’ is set to release on April 11. (With PTI inputs)