Superstar Rajnikanth may have romanced many heroines onscreen with much ease but he did face awkward moments shooting for his daughter Soundarya’s debut directorial venture ‘Kochadaiiyaan,’ the filmmaker revealed today.
“He felt very awkward during romance scenes with Deepika Padukone (the film’s heroine) with me saying ‘action’ and ‘cut’,” Soundarya Rajnikanth Ashwin told reporters here announcing a tie-up with mobile maker Karbonn.
While Rajnikanth as “appa” (father) was very protective, “he was very very professional” as an actor and this was very much evident during the making of the movie, being completely shot on motion-capture technology, she said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The superstar supported her like most new directors, she said while recalling her experience directing him.
Asked if she would direct her father in another film, she said she would be happy to do so. “I feel blessed and grateful to direct him. If God is
kind enough, I shall direct another film” with Rajnikanth, she
The “high-budget” film had been missing its earlier release schedule due to the ongoing technical processes in the making of the movie, she said adding the audio launch would be held here on March 9.
She said she will announce the final release date later. Unveiling its assosication with the film unit, Karbonn Mobiles announced the ‘Karbonn Kochadiyaan Signature Phone Series,” which will among others, have a signature of Rajnikanth on the back cover.
It would also offer exclusive ‘Kochadaiiyaan’ movie content including the Augmented Reality App, songs, videos and screen-savers to consumers.
Company Chairman Sudhir Hasija said it took six months to create the reality app but declined to quantify the expenditure saying it was part of the ongoing research and development (R&D) work.