Superstar Rajnikanth may have romanced many heroines onscreen with much ease but he did face awkward moments shooting for his daughter Soundarya’s debut directorial venture ‘Kochadaiiyaan,’ the filmmaker revealed today.
“He felt very awkward during romance scenes with Deepika Padukone (the film’s heroine) with me saying ‘action’ and ‘cut’,” Soundarya Rajnikanth Ashwin told reporters here announcing a tie-up with mobile maker Karbonn.
While Rajnikanth as “appa” (father) was very protective, “he was very very professional” as an actor and this was very much evident during the making of the movie, being completely shot on motion-capture technology, she said.
The superstar supported her like most new directors, she said while recalling her experience directing him.
Asked if she would direct her father in another film, she said she would be happy to do so. “I feel blessed and grateful to direct him. If God is
kind enough, I shall direct another film” with Rajnikanth, she
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The “high-budget” film had been missing its earlier release schedule due to the ongoing technical processes in the making of the movie, she said adding the audio launch would be held here on March 9.
She said she will announce the final release date later. Unveiling its assosication with the film unit, Karbonn Mobiles announced the ‘Karbonn Kochadiyaan Signature Phone Series,” which will among others, have a signature of Rajnikanth on the back cover.
It would also offer exclusive ‘Kochadaiiyaan’ movie content including the Augmented Reality App, songs, videos and screen-savers to consumers.
Company Chairman Sudhir Hasija said it took six months to create the reality app but declined to quantify the expenditure saying it was part of the ongoing research and development (R&D) work.