1. Rajinikanth: The word says it all! ‘Kochadaiiyaan’ marks the comeback of Rajinikanth on the silver screen after a gap of three years. The actor, who was last seen in ‘Enthiran’ (Robot) with Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, is all set to return in his daughter’s film in a triple role. The film’s grand trailers reaffirm our faith in the Rajinikanth phenomenon and therefore cannot be missed.
2. Deepika Padukone: ‘Kochadaiiyaan’ is also Bollywood’s reigning queen Deepika Padukone‘s first film this year. The actress, who gave four back-to-back hits in 2013, will be seen romancing Thalaiva in the period drama film. Deepika, who plays the role of a warrior princess in the film, has two other release lined up for the year – ‘Finding Fanny Fernandez’ and ‘Happy New Year’ – which seem promising. Therefore, ‘Kochadaiiyaan’ is touted to be the beginning of Deepika’s golden spell at Box Office in 2014.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
3. Because it’s not a ‘cartoon’ film: Kochadaiiyaan, as the director points out is an ‘animated film but not a cartoon movie’. Soundarya R Ashwin’s film uses photo-realistic motion capture technology which is used in Hollywood films like ‘The Adventures of Tin Tin’. However, this is the first time that the technology will be used in an Indian film.
4. Soundarya R Ashwin: Rajinikanth’s younger daughter Soundarya marks her directorial debut with ‘Kochadaiiyaan’. Soundarya has received heaps of praises from industry insiders including megastar Amitabh Bachchan, who has lauded her ‘brilliance’ in the project. Amitabh Bachchan had said, “ I will like to acknowledge that it is a woman who has directed this kind of a movie. With the kind of struggle our nation is going through (regards to women) it is commendable that Soundarya has done this and showed that women in India are capable to do best.”
5. Because it’s thrice the fun: Rajinikanth fans can never get enough of the actor’s brilliance and Kochadaiiyaan has Thalaivaa in triple role. The film, which is a fictional period drama film sees Rajinikanth as a fearless warrior king.
6. Because Rajinikanth likes it.. Mind it! The actor had once revealed that he likes films about ‘kings and queens’. Rajinikanth had said, “like stories that are about kings and queens and used to read stories that began with ‘Once Upon A Time…’” Rajinikanth, therefore, started Ravikumar’s ‘Rana’, which is now postponed. However, ‘Kochadaiiyaan’ is a prequel to ‘Rana’, which has started post the completion of the former.
7. Father son to duel at Box Office: Bollywood actor Jackie Shroff, who has a pivotal role in Rajinikanth’s ‘Kochadaiiyaan’ is all set to battle his son Tiger, who is gearing up for his debut film ‘Heropanti’ on the same day.
8. A R Rahman: The opulence of Rajinikanth can only be matched by the soulful music of double Oscar winner and music maestro A R Rahman. The academy award winning musician was initially reluctant to work on the project but started after he felt the “positive energy and the commitment”. ‘Kochadaiiyaan’ gained the top position on the iTunes charts in India within hours of its release and also a top trending topic on Twitter in India, making it a first for a Tamil film.
9. Entertainment starvation comes to an end: We are almost midway to 2014, and we have only a few films that can be labelled as wholesome entertainers. While films like ‘Queen’, ‘Gunday’, ‘2 States’ have entertainedt moviegoers, nothing as big as ‘Kochadaiiyaan’ has hit the screens yet.
10. Because its finally here: Rajinikanth’s ‘Kochadaiiyaan’ may have got delayed, but it has failed to dampen the buzz surrounding the film. ‘Kochadaiiyaan’ was postponed multiple times due to various enhancement schedules and extensive post-production work. And no that its here you surely don’t want to miss it.