Southern acting legend Rajinikanth’s ‘Kochadaiiyaan‘ finally releases on Friday (May 23), after being postponed twice. Here are 10 reasons why Thalaiva’s latest film must not be missed:
1. Rajinikanth: The word says it all! ‘Kochadaiiyaan’ marks the comeback of Rajinikanth on the silver screen after a gap of three years. The actor, who was last seen in ‘Enthiran’ (Robot) with Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, is all set to return in his daughter’s film in a triple role. The film’s grand trailers reaffirm our faith in the Rajinikanth phenomenon and therefore cannot be missed.
2. Deepika Padukone: ‘Kochadaiiyaan’ is also Bollywood’s reigning queen Deepika Padukone‘s first film this year. The actress, who gave four back-to-back hits in 2013, will be seen romancing Thalaiva in the period drama film. Deepika, who plays the role of a warrior princess in the film, has two other release lined up for the year – ‘Finding Fanny Fernandez’ and ‘Happy New Year’ – which seem promising. Therefore, ‘Kochadaiiyaan’ is touted to be the beginning of Deepika’s golden spell at Box Office in 2014.
3. Because it’s not a ‘cartoon’ film: Kochadaiiyaan, as the director points out is an ‘animated film but not a cartoon movie’. Soundarya R Ashwin’s film uses photo-realistic motion capture technology which is used in Hollywood films like ‘The Adventures of Tin Tin’. However, this is the first time that the technology will be used in an Indian film.
4. Soundarya R Ashwin: Rajinikanth’s younger daughter Soundarya marks her directorial debut with ‘Kochadaiiyaan’. Soundarya has received heaps of praises from industry insiders including megastar Amitabh Bachchan, who has lauded her ‘brilliance’ in the project. Amitabh Bachchan had said, “ I will like to acknowledge that it is a woman who has directed this kind of a movie. With the kind of struggle our nation is going through (regards to women) it is commendable that Soundarya has done this and showed that women in India are capable to do best.”
5. Because it’s thrice the fun: Rajinikanth fans can never get enough of the actor’s brilliance and Kochadaiiyaan has Thalaivaa in triple role. The film, which is a fictional period drama film sees Rajinikanth as a fearless warrior king.
6. Because Rajinikanth likes it.. Mind it! The actor had once revealed that he likes films about ‘kings and queens’. Rajinikanth had said, “like stories that are about kings and queens and used to read stories that began with ‘Once Upon A Time…’” Rajinikanth, therefore, started Ravikumar’s ‘Rana’, which is now postponed. However, ‘Kochadaiiyaan’ is a prequel to ‘Rana’, continued…
Only In The Express