Noted Kerala-based music composer Reghu Kumar passed away at a private hospital on Thursday following a brief illness, family sources said. Reghu Kumar (60) is survived by his actress wife Bhavani and two daughters.
He was admitted to a private hospital in Chennai last week and passed away around 2 AM today after his health condition deteriorated, they said.
Hailing from Kozhikode, he made an entry into the film industry in 1979 with the film ‘Eeswara Jagadeeshwara’. He had composed music for 60 films and produced seven movies.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
He gave music in films like ‘Thalavattam’,’Hello My Dear Wrong Number’, ‘Shyama’, ‘Boeing Boeing’, ‘Maya Mayuram’ and ‘Kanakkinavu’.
Meanwhile, a Thiruvananthapuram report quoted Kerala culture minister K C Joseph as condoling the death of Reghukumar.
In his message to members of the bereaved family, he said Reghukumar’s songs had enthralled people of all ages and he would be remembered for ever.