Noted Kerala-based music composer Reghu Kumar passed away at a private hospital on Thursday following a brief illness, family sources said. Reghu Kumar (60) is survived by his actress wife Bhavani and two daughters.
He was admitted to a private hospital in Chennai last week and passed away around 2 AM today after his health condition deteriorated, they said.
Hailing from Kozhikode, he made an entry into the film industry in 1979 with the film ‘Eeswara Jagadeeshwara’. He had composed music for 60 films and produced seven movies.
He gave music in films like ‘Thalavattam’,’Hello My Dear Wrong Number’, ‘Shyama’, ‘Boeing Boeing’, ‘Maya Mayuram’ and ‘Kanakkinavu’.
Meanwhile, a Thiruvananthapuram report quoted Kerala culture minister K C Joseph as condoling the death of Reghukumar.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
In his message to members of the bereaved family, he said Reghukumar’s songs had enthralled people of all ages and he would be remembered for ever.