Having offers from political parties to contest the Lok Sabha elections, veteran actress Moushumi Chatterjee today said she will soon announce whether she is joining politics.
“I have more than one offer but I will not name the parties. I will decide and announce the decision in due course of time,” said Moushumi Chatterjee who had met Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata Banerjee last week at the state secretariat.
The meeting had raised speculations over her joining the party.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
In 2004, the actress had fought on a Congress ticket from Kolkata north-east seat but lost.
“It was a mistake on my part. I couldn’t understand the nuances. I had only 25 days,” she said.
Asked about Mamata, she said she has immense respect for the chief minister. “I salute her guts and fighting spirit,” Moushumi Chatterjee said.