An Indian film producer was found dead along with wife and daughter in an apparent case of suicide in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) Tuesday, media reported Wednesday.
The decomposed bodies of Malayalam film producer Santhosh Kumar, his wife Manju and their daughter Gouri were found Tuesday under mysterious circumstances in their flat in Dubai after Kumar’s cousin complained that nobody could contact the family since Thursday, Khaleej Times reported.
According to family sources, all the three bodies bore multiple stab injuries.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The Dubai Police could not be reached for comments.
The case was treated as a suicide pact involving the couple and their fourth-grader daughter.
Kumar had resorted to the extreme step due to huge financial liabilities, according to the acquaintances.
However, the exact reason for the gruesome incident is yet to be ascertained.
“All three bodies were found inside the bedroom. I heard there was no sign of a forced entry into the flat,” the report quoted a family friend as saying.
Kumar who owns the production company Souparnika Films in the south Indian state of Kerala shifted to Dubai in 2009.
Kumar has co-produced hit Malayalam movie “Madambi” and remakes of classic hits like “Neelathaamara” and “Rathinirvedham”.
The tragic incident shocked the community members in the UAE, especially those from the film fraternity.