An Indian film producer was found dead along with wife and daughter in an apparent case of suicide in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) Tuesday, media reported Wednesday.
The decomposed bodies of Malayalam film producer Santhosh Kumar, his wife Manju and their daughter Gouri were found Tuesday under mysterious circumstances in their flat in Dubai after Kumar’s cousin complained that nobody could contact the family since Thursday, Khaleej Times reported.
According to family sources, all the three bodies bore multiple stab injuries.
The Dubai Police could not be reached for comments.
The case was treated as a suicide pact involving the couple and their fourth-grader daughter.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Kumar had resorted to the extreme step due to huge financial liabilities, according to the acquaintances.
However, the exact reason for the gruesome incident is yet to be ascertained.
“All three bodies were found inside the bedroom. I heard there was no sign of a forced entry into the flat,” the report quoted a family friend as saying.
Kumar who owns the production company Souparnika Films in the south Indian state of Kerala shifted to Dubai in 2009.
Kumar has co-produced hit Malayalam movie “Madambi” and remakes of classic hits like “Neelathaamara” and “Rathinirvedham”.
The tragic incident shocked the community members in the UAE, especially those from the film fraternity.